If you are not afraid to spend too much time while you have urgent things to do, you may have a look to the mosaic of Sentinel-2 monthly syntheses for September over France. You may access to each monthly synthesis using the following links :
Or you may also use the viewer below to compare with the previous months and see how France became brown in September : See it full screenThe monthly syntheses are produced using the WASP processor, which is described here.By comparing the various syntheses, you will see the evolution of the landscape, generally much brownler in September, but this representation will also help you spot the composite artefacts. These are not very numerous, but you will see them :
- on some web browsers (firefox V58), geometrical differences appear even at a low resolution. Other browsers and versions do not have this defect. It is really not due to Sentinel-2 or Theia products
- above water and snow (we must work on this defect)
- where clouds have covered a place during the whole month of July or August. These pixels are flagged as invalid in the products (but not on the mosaic).
- where clouds or shadows were not properly detected by MAJA
- at the edges of Sentinel-2 swath. For the first time, in october, a swath edge is clearly visible near Cambrai. The area must have been quite cloudy, and we observe here a greener part on the right, observed later in October, that the browner part on the left. The only way to correct this kind of atefact while keeping a physical meaning to the reflectances, would be to improve Sentinel-2 revisit time
- some tile edges in July, due to the fact that Level 3A products were not all generated for the 15th of July, but for dates between the 8th and the 26th. This has been corrected for the next months