Delayed Mode TSG data of the SURVOSTRAL project
Written by Elodie Kestenare in May 2010 (last updated: July 2020)
- Project:SURVOSTRAL international project
- Description: In-situ sea surface temperature and salinity from the TSG installed on the Astrolabe vessel (IPEV)
- Period: 1993-2020
- Area: Southern Ocean between Hobart (Tasmania) and Dumont d’Urville -the French Antarctic base-
- Source: LEGOS, France
- Contact: Rosemary Morrow or Elodie Kestenare at LEGOS
The delayed mode datasets are available for two periods: 1993-2002 & 2002-2020I.
I. Delayed-mode data, 2002-2020
II. Delayed-mode data, 1993-2002
The data are freely downloadable here
III. Other products
Data are also available on request.
- Delayed-mode data, January 2003 to January 2012 along the Adelie coast
- Mean seasonal cycle (Climatology) for the 1992-2009 and 2002-2009 period during the round trips between Tasmania and Dumont d’Urville
- Chaigneau A. and Morrow R. A., 2002. Surface temperature and salinity variations between Tasmania and Antarctica, 1993-1999. J. Geophysical Research, 107 (C12), 8020, doi:10.1029/2001JC00808
- Morrow R., G. Valladeau, and J.B. Sallée, 2008. Observed subsurface signature of Southern Ocean decadal sea level rise. Progr. Oceanogr., 77/4, 351-366
- Morrow R. and E. Kestenare, 2014. Nineteen-year changes in surface salinity in the Southern Ocean south of Australia. J. Mar Systems, doi: 10.1016/j.jmarsys.2013.09.011.
- Morrow R. and E. Kestenare, 2017: 22-year surface salinity changes in the Seasonal Ice Zone near 140°E off Antarctica. J. Mar Systems, doi: 10.1016/j.jmarsys.2017.07.003